A Rich History
Cherokee Carpet Industries is a privately held company established in 1994. Since the beginning, Cherokee has maintained a sole focus on producing high quality, affordable broadloom carpeting. Continued expansion in extrusion and tufting equipment has facilitated company growth into a full line manufacturer of polypropylene, solution dyed nylon and solution dyed polyester products for every market segment.
The Southwind Carpets division provides a complete range of residential and light commercial products to an extensive dealer network nationwide. The experienced sales staff is committed to providing you with not only outstanding service, but also with answers to your carpet-related questions.
Being Green is Important to Southwind
The eco-friendly polyurethane carpet backing used in Southwind Carpet is made especially for residential use.
- Made of rapidly renewable and recycled materials, over 50% green by weight.
- Manufactured with post-consumer recycled PET plastic.
- Replaces over 90% of the petroleum based polymers with a bio-based polymer derived from domestically grown soybeans.
- Features a revolutionary, patent-pending Extruded Fiberization adhesion layer that provides increased flexibility and strength.
- Improves environmental air quality. Every yard of EnviroCel Home installed means increased soy bean production, which helps improve air quality by consuming CO2 from the atmosphere.
- Makes a smaller environmental footprint, carpets last longer so less carpet ends up in landfills.