Tile 101: Is Tile Flooring Right For You?
The Pros & Cons of Tile Flooring
Working on a home renovation? One the hardest parts of renovating is all of the choices. You have to chose the appliances, the paint, the flooring, and the decor. It can get a bit overwhelming. The following list is to help you in your decision fatigue about flooring. Considering tile flooring? Here is everything you need to know:
- Tile is a classic look and it never goes out of style, because it is so functional.
- Tile is waterproof. If you’ve got a home full of beautiful kids or precious pets, you need a floor that can easily be cleaned. Tile makes a spill from a sippy cup or the doggy water bowl, no big deal.
- Tile hosts a myriad of designs. If you are looking for something more modern, there are tiles in that style. If you’re looking for an earthy, hippy look, there is a tile for that.
- Tile is highly durable. It will last long and look good even longer! It’s a great investment.
- Tile is highly flexible. It can handle difficult spaces and strange corners.
- Tile has a tendency to crack and break.
- Tile is slippery when it is wet. When a thunderstorm occurs and the family tracks in the rain, your tile may be dangerous because it is so slippery.
- If you live in a cold climate, tile will be cold on the feet during winter time. If you are not a fan of slippers, cold tile might be a problem for you.
- Since there are so many styles and designs of tile, there might have height clearance issues with the surrounding appliances and cabinets.
Need more help making your flooring decisions? Feel free to contact us for additional advice. With over 75 years of flooring experience in the St. Louis area, our Edwards Carpet staff is knowledgeable and eager to assist you in all of your difficult flooring decisions.